*Boarding must be approved by Vida staff and scheduled for an admit time*
We are not responsible for lost or stolen items
Please list name, dose, frequency and duration needed
Medical Boarding Policy at Vida Veterinary Care – Denver
- Client and patient must have current VCPR (Veterinary-ClientPatient-Relationship) from either Vida hospital.
- Patient must be current on vaccines (unless unable to vaccinate given
medical condition- must be waived by DVM and documented).
- Young puppies or kittens who are not fully vaccinated are not
allowed to medical board.
- Ferrets must be up to date on vaccines if boarding.
- Patient must have recent negative fecal within 2-4 weeks of boarding
(Fecal O&P). Day of drop offs- either in house fecal float by RVT or send
- Pet is on medications prescribed by a DVM or has a medical
condition requiring medical boarding.
- Client is notified and aware that a technician or assistant will
oversee caring for the pet.
- DVMs will not be involved unless pet becomes ill during stay.
- If DVM involvement required, it will be the responsibility of the
inpatient/hospitalist DVM to evaluate patient and contact owner
- If there are not any hospitalized patients, boarding pet will be alone in
kennel from midnight to 7am.
- Clients can call for updates; staff to provide daily update and picture
through Pet Desk.
- Medical Boarding Form is completed by staff member admitting the
patient for medical boarding.
- . Form is to be filled out completely by staff member each time a patient
is boarded with listed medications, dose and frequency, food, items
- CPR/DNR status and consent for treatments if become necessary
and unable to reach owner.
- Canned estimate for medical boarding has forms attached.
- Technician puts in treatment plan for all necessary medications, walks,
feedings, etc. Use canned med boarder treatment plan and adjust as
- Daily Pet Desk update text and picture on treatment plan by
- Include creating rounds sheet for medical boarder.
- Put medical boarder info on the white board.
- All treatments are set between 8am to 11:30pm
- Client made aware of $100/night cost of medical boarding – to be
charged under Office Services
- No deposit required; payment of invoice in full at time of pick up.
- A technician appointment time for admit and discharge must be
scheduled by Vida staff when the owner calls to set up medical
- Estimated pick up time should be confirmed by admitting staff member
on admit for medical boarding.
- Permissible reasons for medical boarding:
- Patient has a chronic medical condition but is stable and healthy upon
- Post-surgical medical boarding to help restrict patient and give
medications if owners cannot.
- Transition to medical boarding from hospitalization under DVM
- Non-permissible reasons for medical boarding:
- Dog or cat that is not eating or is deemed unhealthy by DVM
- Dehydrated patient that requires more than SQF
- Patient that is considered contagious to other animals (ex: kennel
cough, giardia, etc.)
- ALL EXOTIC MEDICAL BOARDING must be approved by DVM first.
- An additional charge will be added to the invoice for patients who
require assisted feedings.
- If bonded pair boarded together in same kennel, it is ok to do
one charge for exotics only.